Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Month 4 of 12 - Simple Life and I'll Be Okay

So this is a little bit late. Mainly because I had written about 5 things prior to tonight on what has gone on this month. This is a combination of being extremely busy but also feeling like I didn't have anything all that significant occur this past month. When I sat down to add some points to my list I remembered a bit more than I expected. However, I still think the biggest thing I have gotten out of this month is a lot of questions. So, guess I'm seeing what's coming up. Here's what I have for now!

*Making salt dough maps with 22 third graders makes one huge, but fun, mess
*Projects such as these go much better with third graders than Kindergartners
*My heart is so happy whenever my old Kinder kiddos come and give me hugs, gosh I miss that
*I should have remembered that one of my favorite things about fall is the start of ultimate Frisbee every weekend with my friends
*I REALLY like challenging, thought provoking conversations right now.
*Hearing someone say what they ACTUALLY think can be really refreshing
*Favorite musical discovery – Avettt Brothers
*I still hate Halloween
*Tacky Christmas planning will never cease to be entertaining and full of laughter
*I love simple, yet somehow manage to make things complex
*I like the song Smalltown USA and sometimes wish it was how I grew up
*Mental Health Days (MHD’s) are definitely needed and I’m thankful for good friends who are willing to share them with me
*I love getting to know new friends from work, especially when those new friends appreciate hole in the wall restaurants as much as I do
*Bear wrestling is another activity that is not acceptable in public
*Love, love, love little league football games, thankful that my kids invite me to them
*”Why Bad Things Happen to Good People” by Harold Kushner is really making me think (goes along with the whole challenging conversations thing) – not finished with it yet so can’t say much more right now
*Third graders singing in a school program with little practice can quickly turn into a train wreck, but they are still adorable
*Diary of a Wimpy Kid is one of the funniest books I have ever read
*Shopping for tacky Christmas sweaters is an adventure, a hilarious adventure though
*I take for granted being able to do things like go to work, read/watch tv/sit at the computer longer than 10 minutes
*Scramble is the most freaking addictive iphone app ever. I'm determined to become good at it.
*That should be an interesting challenge for someone who is not good at spelling.
*Watching your college football team have the perfect season is pretty awesome

No comments: