Thursday, November 26, 2009

When I Count All My Blessings, I Get a Smile on my Face – 2nd Addition

This time last year I was brand new to the blogging world and one of my very first entries was about what I was thankful for at the time. Looking back at that blog, I feel blessed to say I am thankful for those exact same things this year. But just saying that would make for a boring blog, so this year I’m taking a different route. I am going to try and list the big (and some of the little) events or things that happened since last Thanksgiving that have been a blessing…

*Christmases at home
*A friend who understands that New Year’s Eve on the couch with take out Chinese is perfectly okay
*Progressive dinners with my amazing group of friends
*Tacky Christmas
*Being a Battle of the Books coach, and the kiddos on last years team and this years team who bring me so much joy
*Yearly trip to the rodeo
*The blisters on my feet and the pain in my legs from running b/c it reminds me that I am able to keep doing what I love
*Pedicures
*Afternoon Delight softball
*Family and friends who encouraged me to do something scary and try a new job this year
*Kids that invite me to their birthday parties
*Kids that come watch my softball games
*My kindergarten class, particularly two kids that I will never forget all my life (A & J)
*Cowtown (the race)
*Fort Worth (the city)
*Hole in the wall restaurants
*Friends that are foodies
*FW Running Company and their training group that gives me people to run with…finally!
*5 stage birthday bashes
*Cupcakes
*A church that I love
*A pastor that I am friends with
*People who love, and understand, and will talk about hockey (they are rare!)
*Trips to the ranch
*Yearly visit to Colonial
*Seeing George Straight live
*Getting to go to the first event ever at the new Cowboys Stadium
*My amazing trip to Europe
*Getting to go to Europe with one of my favorite traveling companions and all the happy memories we’ll have forever from those two weeks
*Mother/daughter trips
*Swimming with dolphins
*River trips
*Friends who are willing to help me move
*The most eventful summer of my life
*A support system that got me through the month of August
*Being a part of one of my best friend’s weddings
*Patience (particularly when it is people being patient with me)
*My new job, I love it more than I could ever explain
*The people I work with
*Seeing Paul McCartney live
*Singing Hey Jude at the top of my lungs with my dear friend and PAUL FREAKIN’ McCARTNEY (that is his real name fyi)
*New friends
*How much my friends make me laugh
*Parents who help me out so much and never ask for anything in return
*The girls in my small group
*Friends that listen to and care about my updates
*Forgiveness
*Finally getting to sit in a suite at AAC
*Stars hockey
*Being able to go see the sport I love so much in person, and often
*So Is Your Face kickball
*Music, especially discovering new bands/songs
*Pandora Radio and friends who have introduced me to so much new music
*Seeing U2 live
*Being able to move around and read and watch tv and get on my computer for however long I want
*Weekend breakfasts
*TCU’s perfect season that has made fall so much fun
*My third grade class that makes me happy to go to work every day
*Getting to go to Wisconsin for Christmas with family
*That I can make a list like this

I could keep going I know, but I will stop there b/c I doubt anyone besides my mom (love you mom) has even made it to this point. But, I will say I live a blessed life and I am most thankful for the people in it that make it so wonderful. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving today and takes some time to think about what it is you are thankful for as well.

No comments: