Monday, September 28, 2009

Now I Know Why All The Leaves Change in the Fall

Fall is finally here!!! For the most part anyway. Us Texans get to do this see-saw weather in the months of September and October, but it seems like fall might finally be sticking around. This makes me happy in a lot of ways but here are the top 10 reasons I’m excited fall is upon us.

10. Fall jackets. I have a slight obsession with coats. It’s not good. While coat weather really is more of a winter thing, fall ushers in the fall coat. This would be a light jacket that might be used on a cool fall evening. Yes it is probably sad that this excites me, but it does. Also, fall is when they put out the cute winter coats that give me so much joy.

9. The NFL has begun. While I rarely get to do it, I enjoy the idea of sitting around in comfy clothes on Sunday afternoons and watching games, especially the Cowboys.

8. All things pumpkin. Pumpkins, pumpkin candles, pumpkin flavored drinks, carving pumpkins. Love it all. Strangely enough, I don’t like pumpkin pie.

7. Thanksgiving. It’s a little far away but it is still in the fall and I really enjoy this holiday. What’s not to like? The day always starts with the Turkey Trot for my family and I love that tradition. Then, we eat a wonderful meal and watch the Cowboys with the other Jakus fam. Food, family, and football…3 of my favorite things in life. Also, everyday I am appreciative of the ways the Lord has blessed me, but I like that there is a day where everyone sits down and reflects on that.

6. Cooler weather. I HATE the TX heat of summer. HATE IT! So, when the temperatures finally drop I am a happy lady.

5. Open windows. One of the reasons cooler weather makes me so happy is because I can turn off my air conditioning and just have my windows open at home. Saves money and I like the fresh air. Also enjoy the open car windows.

4. Outside running at any time of the day. There is nothing that affects my running like the heat. Seriously. My pace is a good 2 minutes slower in the summer. If you aren’t really a runner, that’s a big deal. Also, since I can no longer run inside my running is really affected during the summer months. I can only run SUPER early or late or not at all. Really loving being able to go out whenever and hit up the trail.

3. Texas State Fair. Grew up going to the thing. SO many happy memories come from good times on the Love Bug, riding the swings, checking out the cars at the car show, fair food, the blender demonstration, pictures booths and so on. It’s a sad year when I don’t get to visit the fair.

2. College Football. Being my second favorite sport it is pretty exciting when it starts up. Doesn’t matter who is playing - I LOVE watching college football. Even better is going to the games. Every fall it is exciting to see if my Frogs can be BCS busters.

1. HOCKEY!!! Shouldn’t be a surprise here. Anyone who knows me in the slightest knows I’m obsessed with it. Fall = the start of hockey season. I cry whenever the season ends and I get so freaking excited about the season starting I tear up about that too. I think I have problems. Although I think if you continue to read my blogs on why hockey is so great maybe it will make a little more sense. Plus it takes that much time to explain why it is my number 1. :) Thank goodness this is a sport that spans all seasons!

Enjoy the fall! Christmas (my favorite holiday) will be here before we know it!

No comments: