Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Month 3 of 12 - "Prepare for the Best and the Fastest Ride"

This last month went super fast, but was thankfully a little calmer than 1 and 2. Highlights included some more concerts, the start of fall, the start of Frog Football, good times with friends as always, and maybe most importantly the start of hockey! Here’s what I’ve got this month…

*I could spend every night (of the fall and spring anyway) on the porch at Mellow Mushroom catching up with old friends and getting to know new ones better.
*I appreciate that so many people in my life put up with my rambling. I realize this might not be by choice, to get a story from me you are just going to get it with details, but I still love that nobody even tries to stop me.
*Grading papers stinks and I’m still figuring out the trick to being efficient with the process
*I’ve been starting every morning with my radio off and spend a little of my ride to school in quiet and prayer, and it makes my day so much better, imagine that.
*Lucille’s has the SECOND best breakfast in town. Sorry I’m an ONG (Old Neighborhood Grill) girl to the core.
*Dark Chocolate Almond cupcakes from Sprinkles are awesome.
*I thought I could compensate for Sprinkles cupcakes with the local cupcake place, but after my recent experience there really just isn’t any comparison, they are truly the best.
*My life doesn’t revolve around cupcakes (contrary to what I make it sound like) but they do play an important role!
*I really can’t stand being sick, I go crazy just sitting
*Yogolait (new frozen yogurt place) is my favorite discovery this month.
*Paul Eason, Cadillac Sky & Angels and Airwaves are my favorite musical discoveries
*A suite at American Airlines Center is everything I imagined it would be
*A Pink concert can be surprisingly fun…and a little racy
*On that note, Pink can actually sing, like for real. When she just sits down with a guitar and goes after it she's pretty good. Who knew?
*I am not patient AT ALL when it comes to waiting for hockey
*Liking to come to work everyday is possible
*Even though I like to joke about my job a lot, my TRUE passion and the REASON I do it is because of how strongly I believe in educating children. I am very serious about every child that comes through my classroom leaving having learned something (hopefully a lot of somethings) new.
*It hurts my feelings when people take that lightly or imply that I do my job for any other reason.
*I love fall campaign time at my church!
*I truly appreciate people who are patient with me
*Almost any issue can be talked through
*For the first time the sight of the Fort Worth skyline made me feel like I was almost home. This is how I used to feel about the Dallas skyline.
*I LOVE getting to know new people. This used to make me nervous but lately it’s one of my favorite things.
*My friends are great at listening to (and at least pretending to care about) my “updates”.
*Kickball is my new favorite after school activity
*I am just as bad at this organized sport as I am at any other
*I know nothing about weight lifting but am thankful for a friend stepping in to be my "personal trainer"
*It is possible for me to love hockey a little more every October when it starts up again
*There’s something surreal about going to the first baby shower for your best friend of 15 years. How did we get there so fast?
*Grocery shopping with a friend is much more entertaining than grocery shopping alone.
*God perfectly orchestrated the group of girls that I get to meet with every Wednesday. After two weeks it has been the biggest answer to prayer and I am so thankful for them.
*Also, it is possible to have an unstructured group of friends become your small group.
*It’s not easy being a superhero
*Homemade chili on a cold day, enjoyed with a good friend, is a great way to spend an afternoon
*U2 puts on a pretty awesome show
*I still love the State Fair as much now as I did as a child
*Fried oreos are really good, even though I think it sounds disgusting
*26 is going too fast

No comments: