Sunday, September 13, 2009

Month 2 of 12 – “Say You Gotta Put The Good With the Bad, Happy and the Sad”

Overall month 2 has been somewhat calmer than month 1. School started, I moved into the apartment a little bit more (although there is still much work to be done), I’ve been surprised by life happenings quite a bit, SAW FREAKIN’ PAUL MCCARTNEY, I’ve laughed a lot, taken 3 trips, watched a best friend get married and slept very little! I don’t think anyone really wants to know every detail of my boring little life, but I will say this: Month 1 of year 26 was one of the most challenging of my life. I had a lot thrown at me at once, had a lot of tears (and I am not a crier), and A LOT of stress. However, through those trials I learned a lot (hence the blog idea) and that month influenced every second of this month. God was in control every step of the way. I am still learning what exactly that means, and I’m okay with that. This is a big deal for me! As with last month, some of my things are silly and others serious, some only mean something to those who were a part of it, and others I’m sure you all can understand. One more thing…I think it is important to know that I try and sit down every few days and write what I am learning. That being said, some are repeated without really realizing it, but I decided to leave it because that must mean it’s important. Anyway…here it is:

*Planning is important to some people and not to others, when these people are mixed in a group on a trip it can cause some friction
*Two of my friends dating brings me a lot of joy
*Zumba has helped me not care quite so much what others think of me
*Friendships can go in waves and it’s neat to see them mended over time
*Always hope
*Take a smaller cooler on the river
*Julie Roberts has some great songs…check them out
*I LOVE Texas country.
*Breakfast with one of my best friends is the perfect way to start a new school year
*Working with laid back people who also know how to be sarcastic is a blessing
*I don’t trust God enough, sometimes at all
*God has crazy timing
*Paul McCartney still has it and I am blessed to have seen him live.
*I should have started teaching third grade a long time ago
*I miss the love you get from Kindergarten kids
*I’ve always thought I was a really intuitive person, and most times I am, but sometimes things can be right in front of your face without you realizing them.
*Big fancy weddings are absolutely beautiful and I love them, but I don’t see myself having one. I think if I get married it will be small. This surprises me.
*Sometimes a bed does not need a box spring
*City Streets can actually be totally fun
*I am not meant to wear heels
*Friendships can become stronger after having gone through bumps along the way.
*On that note...I believe that all friendships/relationships are fixable. Both parties just need to be willing to forgive and work at it.
*I love the concept of forgiveness.
*It makes me sad that nobody understands why I tear up with excitement when thinking about hockey starting.
*There is something to appreciate in EVERY person. Focus on that. It makes life a lot more enjoyable.
*I'm a star! According to my kids anyway.
*Texas is the way to describe a "perfect" town. Also, according to my kids.
*Horses can also be spelled hores. Kids again.
*I am SO SO SO lucky to do what I do everyday.
*There isn't a Taylor Swift song that I don't like.
*The faculty at my school is awesome and hilarious.
*I can survive a month where I only run once, but it is definitely the thing missing from my life.
*When I don’t run in that long I literally smile the entire time when I finally get back out on the trail.
*I love how you go without seeing someone for 2 years but pick right back up where you left off.
*It's possible to feel two completely opposite things at one time, which is also confusing.
*Weekends away to the country make me happy
*I’m a Plano girl but I can still chunk watermelon rhines over the fence into the pasture with the best of ‘em.
*I can see myself having the life of a country girl…gasp!
*I can dive off of a roof into a pool, an accomplishment for someone afraid of heights
*I love family, mine and other peoples, my heart is happy when surrounded by that kind of love.
*All your problems can be solved on the front porch swing, or so I’ve been told, no wonder I’ve always wanted one.
*I say that the way to my heart is pedicures and iced coffee (which is true) but I am learning that holding my hand and praying with me is a good way to it as well.
*I need Dad time and Mom time (separate things) every now and then.
*Eric Church’s “Love Your Love the Most” has found a special place in my heart b/c the lyrics are kinda perfect
*Itunes genius is my favorite discovery this month, followed closely by Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes
*I can fall asleep on the phone while someone is in mid conversation..oops
*No, it won't all go the way, it should, But I know the heart of life is good…borrowed from John Mayer

No comments: