Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Month 6 of 12 - "Wake Up In The Morning Feeling Like P Diddy"

What in the world? It is my half birthday. How did this happen? If the way I feel today is any indication of how I will feel in 6 months then I might need the Bachelor's ABC therapist to come pay me a visit (have to read ihategreenbeans.com to get this). Anyway, month 6 covered the holidays. Always a good time, new lessons learned. Now just trucking along to the later half of 26...

*Class parties are easier in third grade – I’m sensing a pattern
*I’m (so far unsuccessfully) devising a way to make it possible not to miss people, I don’t like it
*I don’t think it’s possible to ever be organized enough that the holidays won’t be stressful
*Running marathons as a relay team is super fun, not so sure I will feel the same about running one by myself
*The Lovely Bones has been added to my favorite books list
*Favorite Musical discovery – Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
*Holding your childhood best friend’s baby in your arms for the first time is probably one of the neatest and coolest things in all the world
*I am an “aunt” to the CUTEST, most PRECIOUS, baby boy on the planet
*I absolutely love and adore my family, each and every person in it.
*Christmases with a large family are super fun
*There’s something so cool about watching kids’ excitement on Christmas Eve and also seeing them run down stairs to see if Santa has come, even if it is before 7 in the morning
*I appreciate the advice I get from my cousins and their spouses
*Listen to those who have already been through the things you are going through, they might have something good to share
*It is sad to miss a white Christmas in TX even when you are getting your own
*Being asked to be a bridesmaid for the 7th time is just as special as the 1st
*I’m interested in learning more about soccer (as if I don’t pay too much attention to sports for a girl as it is)
*It has been way too long since I have experienced the excitement of a Cowboys “playoff run”
*No team will ever be as good as the Aikman/Emmitt days
*Enjoy when your team is on a championship run, it might be a while before you get one again (like over 10 years if you're the Stars)
*Girl talk + mellow mushroom = great night
*Avatar 3D will, to quote a certain superhero, “blow your mind”
*I’m patient with people but about as impatient as you can be when it comes to time and waiting for things
*Watching your college football team blow their undefeated season is one of the most heartbreaking things in the world
*I am still SO PROUD to be a Frog
*The world must be coming to an end as I am considering teaching summer school for the first time ever
*The Bachelor just gets better every season…seriously…On The Wings of Love, what’s not awesome about that?
*Dallas Stars Ice Girl is a “really difficult job” – who knew? Silly me, I thought teaching 22 eight-year olds was hard.
*I’m HALF WAY (barf) to 27 and I don’t like it, not one bit

1 comment:

tculover said...

Oh my goodness! It's the 7th time?!! I had no idea. Well, aren't you popular? ;)

ACC