Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sweet Summertime

Seeing as summer is 7 days away, I thought it would be fitting to discuss all the things I am looking forward to this summer. If you don't have a summer vacation, please bare with me and share in my excitement, if you taught 10 months of the year, you would need one too. :) If I survive the next few days (it is questionable), then I get to spend the next 10 weeks doing the following things:

*sleeping (if I'm getting more than 4-5 hours a night it will be an increase)
*morning workout classes with all the nonworking people of the world
*iced coffee in the middle of the day
*lunches at Lili's
*sno cones (the little stand on University is a personal fav.)
*EUROPE!!!
*a possible cruise for second annual mother/daughter trip
*trip to the beach with all the girls in my family (annual tradition)
*laying out by the pool with nobody around
*going to the parents pool
*getting to spend more time with the parents
*more time with friends
*Fridays w/ those who don't have to work
*Hurricane Harbor trip with the girls and aqua socks
*Concerts in the Garden
*Fourth of July
*baseball
*time to read books and magazines
*lunches that aren't 30 minutes long
*lunches that aren't a turkey sandwich and a bag of carrots (seriously what I eat almost every day)
*So You Think You Can Dance!
*not having to worry about a week of work on Sundays
*getting all the "stuff" done that I can't get done during the year
*being better about planning social events
*not working (I mean let's just be honest, I LOVE my job, but it's fun having a break)
*sundresses, shorts, and flip flops
*not having to get ready for the day if I don't want to
*morning talk shows and silly soap operas
*more blogging time??

I'm sure that there is more to summer that is wonderful and that I am forgetting about, but I will try my best to keep my blog up to date with all my summer adventures. Hope my fellow teachers and those who work in schools have an amazing and restful summer as well. Almost there!

No comments: